Though Kohler-Andrae State Park consistently ranks as one of Wisconsin’s top state parks, I haven’t been able to write a dedicated blog on it yet! Please check back soon for the full article or read ahead for a few basic considerations.
Here is the DNR website link if you’d like to do some of your own research. Here is a great resource for local things to do in Sheboygan.
This beautiful Wisconsin State park abuts the stunning lake Michigan and includes several miles of shoreline to explore. There is a unique hike called the cordwalks which feels magical. You can swim but be aware of the potentially strong winds. There is no boat launch here. There are 2.5 miles available for horse riding or bicycling and 130 campsites available.
Nearby Outdoor Activities
- I’m excited to visit Bookworm Gardens with the kiddos or the young at heart. Each section is themed after a different popular children’s book.
- Deland Park has both boat ramps and beaches along Lake Michigan. The park houses the wreck of the Lottie-Cooper. A Schooler that capsized before 1900.
- On the north end of Sheboygan is Evergreen Park. There is a beach on a smaller lake, a huge playground, and some hiking trails.
- Finally, King Park is also on our list to visit. There is a playground and it is on the shore of Lake Michigan so the views are great.
Nearby Indoor Activities
- To start your day with coffee, breakfast, or pastries I recommend considering Paradigm Coffee and Music or Johnston’s Bakery.
- For lunch consider the Italian place Lino Ristorante Italiano, or Cocina Mi Familia for Mexican.
- If you are looking for an adult beverage at a local brewery, try 3 Sheep Brewing. On a beautiful day go to Der Sheboygan Biergarten, a German-styled outdoor beer garden.
If you are looking for other state parks near cities check out my list of top 5 here.
If you are looking for information about other state parks I’ve visited, click here for my running list of parks I’ve visited and written about.
Do you love Kohler-Andrae State Park? Why? What do you love to do nearby?